replace PROXY_IP and PROXY_PORT accordingly
gem install -p http://PROXY_IP:PROXY_PORT package_name
Steps to identify if it is a configuration error or network issue.
- Make sure the proxy is functioning.
- switch Proxy provider
- access other services to verify
- If the network error is consistent, it is likely a configuration issue.
- check if the tool has a dedicated proxy setting
- If network error is not consistent and interruption happens randomly during the process, likely the network is not stable.
- perform the action multiple times, it shall progress gradually
- or switch to a stable proxy
follows the system proxy setting, restart IDE after the configuring system proxy
export http_proxy="http://127.0.0.1:1080" export https_proxy="http://127.0.0.1:1080" export HTTP_PROXY="http://127.0.0.1:1080" export HTTPS_PROXY="http://127.0.0.1:1080"